No BBC HD on Freesat

hssutton 23:20 PM 12 Jun 11
Answered

I understand that the BBC "Upgraded"? their HD content on Freesat via changes to the satellite transponder that carries BBC One HD and BBC HD. The signal on this transponder was broadcast using a modulation scheme called “DVB-S”. On 6th June 2011, they will be upgrading to a newer “DVB-S2? scheme which is a more efficient way of operating the transponder and it creates more capacity from the same amount of spectrum.

I have retuned both my Humax and Panosonic Freesat boxes, but I'm still unable to recieve BBC HD.

Anyone have any ideas to resolve my problem?

hssutton 09:05 AM 13 Jun 11

removed power from the humax HD box overnight, retuned this morning BBC HD now ok, but still no HD content on BBC on the Panosonic HHD/HD box

hssutton 20:29 PM 13 Jun 11
Answer

Problem resolved. Just in case others have a similar problem with their Panasonic freesat boxes the following is how it was resolved.

Press the FUNCTION MENU button Go down to the option called OTHERS and press OK Go down to the option called SETUP and press OK Go down to the option called INITALIZE and press OK Select the SHIPPING CONDITIONS option and confirm by highlighting YES and pressing OK

You will then need to follow the on screen instructions and once shipping conditions has completed it will retune the unit which should then restore the channels.

ams4127 20:50 PM 14 Jun 11

Thanks for that hssutton. Must admit I knew nothing about it. As far as I know my Humax still receives BBC HD as usual. It certainly did last night.

oresome 20:05 PM 16 Jun 11

I did lose BBC HD on my free to air satellite receiver.

I had to do a rescan and then search it out from 100 plus stations found.

Amazing how 100 channels can be condensed to less than half a dozen worth watching!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…