Nikon Capture NX Update

ventanas 16:14 08 Aug 07

If you use this excellent software there is an update available to version 1.2

click here

exdragon 22:21 08 Aug 07

Many thanks - just done it and am spreading the word! Good programme, isn't it?

Kate B 12:33 09 Aug 07

while we're on the subject of software, I'm loving Adobe Lightroom click here - I hardly ever fire up Photoshop now.

exdragon 14:27 21 Aug 07

Hi - are you having any problems with the updated version, ventanas? First of all, the crop tool wouldn't - crop, that is, I kept getting a message about a jit debugger. Then after uninstalling, reinstalling and updating, the crop selection worked, but when I hit enter, the whole picture vanished and I was left with a cropped white block. Now I can't open a set of nef images - I get the message that they are corrupted, but they were fine last night!

ventanas 21:54 21 Aug 07

No problems here, but I've seen that message before, with something called Drive Image. I was unable to cure it except by a full reformat. This was a couple of years ago, back in the XP days.

Try opening the NEF's somewhere else, Camera Raw for instance, just to make sure they are ok. You never know, Capture NX may have caused some damage. Apart from that I don't know what else to suggest, sorry.

exdragon 13:37 22 Aug 07

OK, thanks anyway! I think I may be tempted to go back ot the earlier version...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…