new tv/sky/dvd cable issues

pookie 22:56 13 May 07

Hi

I have posted this also in the pc help forum before i saw this digital secton so sorry for double post!!

Got a new hd digital tv today and having problems setting it up.

I live in a non digital area so I have freesat (sky) with outside dish for digital signal. As such should I have tv audio as digital rather than analogue sound?

My set up is new tv, freesat sky box and dvd hard drive/recorder.

I have lots of scarts and aerial cables. The sky dish cable from outside goes into the sky box but where should I put scarts and aerial cables after that ie from where to where?

Also, I have £1.99 budget scart cables. Is it worth getting gold plated scart cables instead?

With many thanks

P

STREETWORK 18:23 14 May 07

You can run a scart directly from the box to the TV or via any recording device (VCR).

Which ever one you run it from/to using a scart you need to just set the VCR or TV to AV1 or AV2.

Make sure that when running it via a VCR the TV is tuned to the VCR channel.

Often you can download the manual for the tele from the manufacturers website, this will contain the diagrams...

postie24 18:28 14 May 07
  pookie 13:10 15 May 07

many thanks for this. i have just spoken to tv shop and they say only use scart from sky box to tv and not to use aerial cable as well??

pookie 14:01 15 May 07

many thanks for everyones help.

There are multiple set up combinations it seems so i am going for:

sky dish outside aerial cables to sky box.
scart and aerial from sky box to tv.
scart from tv to dvd recorder.

this leaves nothing from sky box directly to dvd recorder but many examples i have read about are like this.

hopefully that will be ok.

thanks again

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…