New PC

baldyx 17:20 30 Jul 09

In order to help me decide which desktop DELL pc to buy, which processor is better : AMD Athlon™ LE-1660 or Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 ?

Thanks.

theDarkness 00:53 31 Jul 09

youll may have to break it down further if few people have knowledge of using both processors with similar ram and software to be able to compare. what are you looking for in a good processor? better to you could be speed, to others it could be reliability or lastability. everyone wants the best for how much they wish to spend, so perhaps someone could offer an opinion if you state what you may want to use your system for, if you have an overall goal- perhaps with the type of software you wish to use. I use alot of graphic related software, but little in the way of video processing, so memory is more important to me than pc processor speed, as an example. For individual reviews you may have to try and search for a store that sells both and also lists user reviews, although a direct comparison with both items may be hard to find.

baldyx 16:50 31 Jul 09

I use my pc most of the time to capture videos from camcorder, process video/picture editing,generating video files to burn them on to dvds. Currently my pc(Dell Dimension 3000) has 1 Gbyte ram but it takes ages to generate the disc image(about 2hours for a 4gb file output). The software I use is MemoriesOnTv by Codejam.

So I am looking for speed from a processor.

Armchair 19:57 31 Jul 09

I don't think it makes much difference. The E7500 murders it in every benchmark, and is a much stronger performing CPU.

click here

baldyx 22:51 31 Jul 09

Thanks all for your help,much appreciated.

I will go for E7500 processor.

Armchair 08:51 01 Aug 09

It was no contest.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac