New monitor - advise

Ohnjay 16:30 20 Oct 06

My monitior is a Flatron LCD 782LE. Since I purchased it I have taken an interest in digital photography and need to be able to calibrate it properly. Adobe Gamma won't do it and I can't find a suitable colour profile. I know that I can buy calibration software but I wonder if I would be better advised to buy a new, bigger monitor that can be calibrated, and not buy the software. Any help and/or suggestions of suitable monitors would be appreciated.

hssutton 21:36 21 Oct 06

I use this method click here ,but will eventually buy a Colourvision Spyder2express click here.

Adobe Gamma is very poor, so in the meantime try out the Monitor Calibration Wizard, as it does avery good job. No matter what Monitor you buy, you will still need to calibrate it.

I'm very pleased with my 20" Formac Gallery Extreme, very good straight out of the box, but the lack of a Contrast control does make it a little more difficult to calibrate.

jakimo 12:29 22 Oct 06

The huey will auto. setup your lcd\crt monitor,and is recommended in a number of magazine reviews (I use the previous version now discontinued)

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…