New 37 inch TV?

Ex plorer 11:27 AM 03 Jan 11

Hi I am after a new 37inch TV £700(Limit)

Although picture quality has to be good sound quality is also very important to me.

I do not want to have separate speakers other wise the TV would possible be in the £500 bracket and I dislike extra speakers cluttering up under the telly.
(if I have to that way I will as last resort)

LCD Back lit is what I want in the way of a new TV,

There are a few sites that give info on the top Ten TVs but sound seems to take a back seat, whilst the pic quality and future proof and connections etc are given a good airing.

No one wants a poor pic quality but sound is important I have been using wireless head phones for years that are the best around, but i now want rid of them.

Ex plorer 11:31 AM 03 Jan 11

Should have also said please point me to sites of reviews etc.

john bunyan 15:51 PM 03 Jan 11

Saw this in Comet - looked great. Has both freeview and freesat HD tuners built in.Just in your budget.

click here

ams4127 16:29 PM 03 Jan 11

I suggest you go into a branch of Currys/Dixons, have a look around and ask any questions you may have.

Ex plorer 16:57 PM 03 Jan 11

Useless kind of remark.
(I think your going to have to do your own homework)
If we all gave that remark then what would the point be of all the Forums, Compare prices, Topic Zones, here at PCA

I will search and help people with a problem as many other people do, until an answers can be found that may be useful and sort out a problem.

I have been searching for two days now.

I am not asking anyone to do the work for me.

I am hoping that people could pass on any information they have knowledge of on TV sites and recommendations.

PCA is one of the best sites I know where help can be gained and an edge into buying wisely, by anyone who may be doing the same as myself no matter what the subject.

john bunyan
Thanks for the Link.

Ex plorer 17:04 PM 03 Jan 11

Sound idea to make make notes for my needs and ask questions and compare TVs at stores thank you.

Ex plorer 17:17 PM 03 Jan 11

*Following a one off installation payment for Freesat services whereas for Freeview HD you will need to ensure coverage is available in your local area.

Yes its info like this to be aware of and to check and make sure what payments are and if in fact is usable in my area .
No point spending money on what cant be viewed a good point has been found from the Link.

Thanks for making sure I had seen it.

jellyhead 20:25 PM 03 Jan 11

I have used this site as a starting point for information in the past.
click here

Ex plorer 15:20 PM 04 Jan 11

Cheers jellyhead missed that site in my research.

ams4127 20:48 PM 04 Jan 11

Exactly. Make up your mind before going in as to what specifics you need. How many HDMI inputs? (for example). LCD, LED or Plasma? Scart?

Most important thing of all.....Look at the TVs working in the shop and decide which picture you like best. Some people prefer a high contrast picture whereas I prefer a more "natural" setup. Look outside your window - the world does not consist high contrast shades, it consists of pastel shades.

Choose the one you like best because you are going to be looking at it for a long time.

And don't rush!

john bunyan 22:39 PM 04 Jan 11

Thats what I did with the one in my posting of 15.51 yesterday.I think Panasonic and Samsung are the best choice...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off