Netbook to TV Iplayer playback

squirrelandgman 12:27 PM 31 Jul 12

I am hoping to get all the on demand TV services on to my 26 inch LG LED monitor. At the moment I only have a Acer Aspire one netbook and so can only connect via VGA. This is all fine and the connection works no problems. Playback of avi files is perfect and working as I would hope but Iplayer, 4OD etc is extremely choppy on playback. The playback on the netbook is fine but the process of transferring it to the TV/Monitor via VGA leads to issues with what appears to be the frame rate. Any ideas what this could be and how I could get around it would be greatly appreciated.

dms_05 14:07 PM 02 Aug 12

I've experienced exactly the same problem (netbook to 40" TV at 19201080 resolution). The same netbook powering my 22" 19201080 LCS screen works fine. I have improved matters by using the best VGA cable I could find but I still get judder. My BB line is 20 Mb/sec and using Homeplugs at my TV location I can stream iPlayer HD without a problem so 4oD should be very easy for the netbook. I've come to the conclusion the netbook is simply underpowered for the job.

dms_05 14:09 PM 02 Aug 12

Sorry - should have said streaming iPlayer through my Sony TV iPlayer App is OK even at higher resolution.

Aime 09:54 AM 30 Aug 12

In this information It can help to manage all the necessary things that can give much ways in developing a certain views.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Pro 4 review: Hands-on with the new generation of Surface

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Crowdfunding for world’s first 3D camera-computer found in 30 hours

2015 iMac release date rumours, specs, price & features: new 21in 4K Retina iMacs coming next week