Nero 6 Reloaded - Recording From Tape, etc, probs

terrible terrapin 11:24 27 Sep 05

I recently purchased Nero 6 Reloaded and am trying to record to the PC. Everything is set up and working EXCEPT I cannot adjust the input level resulting in distorted sound. I have the 'Recording Console' box and the input levels are always in the 'red'. The help file says '..open the volume control and move the slider of the 'line' section in the desired section.' I can't find the volume control. Once the 'Recording Consele' box is, erm, recording there is nowhere else to go. I've tinkered with the 'volume' settings on the toolbar but this just seems to adjust playback and not input. Am I being completely thick (probably) and missing something? Is it not possible to adjust input levels when recording?

SurfMonkey _#:@}™ 15:41 27 Sep 05

try clicking on the speeker icon in the right bottom of screen and ajust the line you input goes to (line in is better than the mic) reloaded seems to be very sensetive so only set it very little on the slider.

terrible terrapin 18:58 28 Sep 05

Thanks for the response SurfMonkey. There's no speaker icon on the Nero bar but if you mean the internet one I'll give it a go. Thanks again.

terrible terrapin 19:09 28 Sep 05

If I read you right then it doesn't work. There seems to be no way of adjusting the input level. In every other respect I can get it to work but the sound is too loud. Ah well...

terrible terrapin 20:14 28 Sep 05

SurfMonkey, I must thank you for pointing out the bleedin' obvious. In my case this is very necessary! I didn't realise you could double-click on the 'speaker' icon and adjust line-in from there. In fact I thought the 'speaker' was an 'ear' until I looked more closely at it. I can now record vinyl, etc, to my heart's content. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…