negative scanner help please

paulhis777 00:46 07 Feb 14

hello can you advise me please i have a veho negative scanner but only able to scan 35mm or 110mm but i have found a lot of my aunties negatives from the 5060 70` and the negative are much bigger and will not fit into my scanner i want to buy a flatbed scanner or just a scanner any one have any ideas of good one to buy thank you Paul

TV-Repairman 07:36 15 Feb 14

I bought a second-hand "Epson Perfection 4870 PHOTO". Excellent! I downloaded the latest driver software and it worked a treat for scanning all our photos, slides and negatives going back nearly a century.

alanrwood 09:39 15 Feb 14

Also have an Epson V370 and it is very good indeed. The OCR is Abbyyy Fine Reader Sprint Version 9 and it works great. I am currently using it to scan and OCR a book written by my late cousin about her early childhood and life from around 1900 to 1945 so I can give a copy to all her grandchildren. I particularly like the lid which folds back 180 degrees and lies flat as this makes scanning both left and right pages much easier without breaking the back binding of the book which only had 5 copies printed in the late 90s.

john bunyan 21:15 15 Feb 14

I have a Canonscan f8800.think there is a later version. Very good as flatbed, 35mm slides and negs

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…