NEF

podlod 07:51 15 Apr 08

Hi, and the prob I have is that I normally take photos with my SLR camera in JPEG, and everything is ok, but I changed over to RAW on my camera and downloaded to my PC my photos, but when I tried to open them it refused and said select programme to open file, tried that and nothing opens? The photos are NEF file, does this make a difference, and can you please help. Thank you.

exdragon 08:57 15 Apr 08

What imaging programmes do you use? NEF is Nikon's own RAW format. Photoshop CS3 will open them, as will Nikon's own Capture NX.

Picasa may also do so, here's a section from their website:

Related information about Picasa:

File types supported include:

Movies: avi, mpg, wmv, asf, mov (QuickTime)
RAW data files, including cameras from Canon, Nikon, Kodak, Minolta and Pentax.

Acx 11:54 15 Apr 08

This can't be used for editing, but if you are on XP SP2 its free.
click here

podlod 13:53 15 Apr 08

Hi, I know this may be a stupid question but how do I know if I have SP2 as I have XP, the reason I say this is that awhile ago the engineer had my PC and he may have downloaded this?

bremner 16:05 15 Apr 08

Right click on My Computer and choose Properties. It will say there whether you have SP2 installed.

podlod 08:15 17 Apr 08

Hi, well thanks everybody, I do have SP2, and I have downloaded Microsoft RAW thumbnailer and works a treat, thanks again, well pleased.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…