need help with samsung s3

sunnystaines 18:12 PM 09 Aug 12

1] in settings i have put a tick in the charging led light but no charging light comes on, though does say charging on front page.

2]] what is kies?

3] what is haptic or auto haptic

ams4127 22:00 PM 09 Aug 12
  1. Don't know

2. Kies is to Samsung as iTunes is to Apple.

3. Don't know.

sunnystaines 07:49 AM 10 Aug 12

ams4127

thanks, the led light comes on now but not till its been on charge for a while.

i can now foeget kies not into itunes or similar, at a later date will copy nmusic from computer over.

still lost on auto haptic

downlading apps does not work with samsung apps go round in circles had to go via phoes internet to get an app.

morddwyd 09:18 AM 10 Aug 12

"i can now foeget kies"

Think you misunderstood.

Kies is the Samsung PC software that allow you to update, back up and do many other things.

Many don't like it but it has its uses - upgraded my Note to Jellybean through it a couple of days ago.

I think haptic refers to the vibration setting.

Wiki see here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haptic_technology

Not sure about auto haptic though.

james105051 16:39 PM 10 Aug 12

From the Maunual

?? Haptic feedback: Set the device to vibrate when you press the Option key or the Back key, or press and hold the Power key or the Home key. ?? Auto haptic: Set the device to vibrate when playing sounds in downloaded applications

Woolwell 16:44 PM 10 Aug 12

As morddwyd states you cannot forget Kies. It's not that good but if you want to update the phone or back it up then you need it. It is also frequently the best way to transfer data to your pc.

sunnystaines 19:00 PM 10 Aug 12

thanks everyone.

new question

the s3 ringtones are all daft melodies. I like the classic old phone ring tones.

downloaded an app with all these on some good ones too. but i think it was for kids to play the tones back not to set as a ringtone.

anyone know a free app where i can set the phone to ring with a classic ring tone rather than these chavvy tunes please. [one thing i do miss from my old htc desire]

Woolwell 19:36 PM 10 Aug 12

In the old Galaxy 1 you could open the music app then select a tune or anything recorded by holding down on it then you would get a sub menu with set as and after choosing that you could set it as ring tone. I'd be surprised if it isn't the same in the Galaxy 3. I've used the same ring tone on a Windows, Symbion and Android phone plus a recording of tree frogs.

morddwyd 19:45 PM 10 Aug 12

On my note I simply transferred my ringtone, as an ogg file, from my pc to my phone using explorer.

It then appeared automatically in the ringtone lis.

Assuming you can swap files from your pc to the S£, The S3 shouldn't be too different from the Note.

sunnystaines 21:07 PM 10 Aug 12

morddwyd

to late traded the htc in for £60 yesterday and formatted the sd.

woolwel thanks not looked the the music bits yet

Woolwell 22:39 PM 13 Aug 12

Have you looked in the music bits yet? Try transferring a classic ring to the music.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

7 best iPhone web browser apps: Why Safari for iOS is still a better option than Chrome, Dolphin,…