Need help choosing a scanner...

R0X45 13:10 PM 06 Mar 10

I need a new scanner which will allow me to make high quality scans of my drivers license, passport etc. but have no idea which one to go for.

I also don't want to spend too much on one because I hardly ever use them.

Any recommendations? =3

BT 16:40 PM 06 Mar 10

Why do you neeed high quality scans of Drivers License, Passport, Etc. If its for things like getting Mortgages or buying/selling property a photocopy is normally sufficient. Its best not to have too good a copy.

If you don't use it very much any of the cheaper ones will be more than adequate.

wiz-king 20:31 PM 06 Mar 10

Just make sure it is a flatbed so that you can lift the lid to do books etc. I have a Microtek that I have used for years. There are plenty to chose from £40. click here

onionskin 21:51 PM 06 Mar 10

Can you trust a photocopier?

wiz-king 07:52 AM 07 Mar 10

Not if you are a government whistle-blower.
I heard a rumour several years ago that in some departments documents are altered by the digital copiers to leave a 'signature' in the letter spacing on each copy so that in the event of a leaked copy being found it can be traced.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay