Need advice which upgrade from Muvo 256mb ?

mik61ish 21:21 19 Mar 09

I would like to buy my 15 year old granddaughter an mp3 player at the moment she has a Creative Muvo 256 which I know these days is small! Would like something with video as I know she would like that. I'm anti ipod as my wife and I both use Sony NW-HD5 there a bit fiddly to work with but OK when you get used to them.

So obviously looking at Sony they seem to be better to work with now with drag & drop etc, size = 4 to 8gb the models might differ here in New Zealand as Iv'e looked at some of the recommondations that you have in the UK. I don't know about the Korean ones?

interzone55 09:26 20 Mar 09

I've got a Creative Zen which I'm very happy with. Format support is good, sound quality is excellent and video playback is more than adequate.

The new model, Zen XFi is supposed to be even better, especially as it comes with better earphones than the original models that came with my Zen.

click here

ravingdave 14:52 20 Mar 09

I used to be very anti ipod (and anti Apple). However a few months ago I was given an iPod Touch, and my son bought himself an iPod nano. I've had a number of different MP3 players before, but none comes close to the ease of use of the iPod. I've also wasted much time in the past battling to get MP3 players to sync songs, playlists, videos etc with various versions of Windows Media player. Again I've been very impressed with how easy it is to use iTunes and sync it with the iPods. So my advice would be to give an ipod a try - I don't think you will be disappointed.

PS my son also converted from PC to MacBook last year, and the stability of the Mac is outstanding in comparison to Windows. The Mac is never closed down, just put into standby, and yet it has not locked up or crashed at all since he has had it - very impressive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…