MSN on mobile broadband

scoobysnacks 24 Feb 08

I have recently bought a new laptop with the intention of purchasing mobile broadband for everyday web browsing and MSN use.

I am looking to purchace the t-mobile broadband, However, a friend advises me that you canot use MSN messenger with mobile boradband as it works on a differend bandwidth. Is this true??

Help much needed! Please advise...

scoobysnacks 26 Feb 08

It would appeat that my friend was correct. I have the T-mobile broadband which is working absolutely fine. I downloaded the current version of messenger (2008) and I could not sign in because an 'IP' connection could not be detected. Having spoke to a T-mobile technical advisor on the phone, I reinstalled an older version would he said would be compatable with the broadand service. Unfortunately it didn't work :-(
Apparently there is a problem with Windows Vista and the messenger service. He stated there was a way around it but couldn't advise me on this...

HELP!!!

Coltch 28 Mar 08

Live Messenger works fine with my mobile broadband (3UK) in Vista, have you checked the firewall settings to see if it's being blocked.

Mark_H 31 Mar 08

untill you find a workaround you could use MSN's web based interface click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message