MSN on mobile broadband

scoobysnacks 15:47 PM 24 Feb 08

I have recently bought a new laptop with the intention of purchasing mobile broadband for everyday web browsing and MSN use.

I am looking to purchace the t-mobile broadband, However, a friend advises me that you canot use MSN messenger with mobile boradband as it works on a differend bandwidth. Is this true??

Help much needed! Please advise...

scoobysnacks 13:33 PM 26 Feb 08

It would appeat that my friend was correct. I have the T-mobile broadband which is working absolutely fine. I downloaded the current version of messenger (2008) and I could not sign in because an 'IP' connection could not be detected. Having spoke to a T-mobile technical advisor on the phone, I reinstalled an older version would he said would be compatable with the broadand service. Unfortunately it didn't work :-(
Apparently there is a problem with Windows Vista and the messenger service. He stated there was a way around it but couldn't advise me on this...

HELP!!!

Coltch 16:02 PM 28 Mar 08

Live Messenger works fine with my mobile broadband (3UK) in Vista, have you checked the firewall settings to see if it's being blocked.

Mark_H 07:55 AM 31 Mar 08

untill you find a workaround you could use MSN's web based interface click here

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Moto G 2015 confirmed: Motorola Moto G UK release date, price and specification details - New…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries lined up for dConstruct

Apple Pay UK launch guide and participating UK banks: HSBC, First Direct finally support Apple Pay