mp3 players

johnincrete 18:35 19 Feb 09

My Walkman is costing too much in CD's and batteries and is too big.
I want a simple mp3 player onto which I can easily copy audio files from my PC e.g using "My Computer". Each file is about 1hr of speech which I split up into tracks (usually 4 minutes) so that I can easily repeat a part and I would want to do the same on the mp3 player.
I want to have about 30 files i.e. about 30 hours of speech plus perhaps 10 music CD's that I have bought and copied to PC (because my PC speakers are miles better than my cheepo CD player).
I assume from their name that I would need to convert .wav to .pm3 (I've got Switch)

Demora 19:22 20 Feb 09

Some of the creative Zen MP3 players are quite good and I think you can use them like a harddrive and just drag and drop stuff onto theem.

I have this one. and have been very pleased with it. click here

D

canarieslover 10:53 21 Feb 09

As good as the Creative Zen Vision M is (I own one) I would consider it to be rather overkill for what you need. I would reckon at needing about 1gb for ten mp3 albums plus whatever space your speech files take up. These would probably need converting to mp3 or wma format as well as the music files. I should think that something with a storage capacity between 5gb and 10gb would be ample for your needs. Make certain that it has a screen that you can use to navigate between files, some of the cheaper ones haven't got screens. If you are where your name suggests then I would suggest that you look in local stores to see what is available there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now