move sim from contract phone to another phone ?

worcesterman47 15:59 PM 27 Aug 12

hi all, need a bit of advice, currently have an android xperia mini on contract with talkmobile ( still 1 year left)...i would like to buy the samsung galaxy s2.... but will i be able to take the sim card from the xperia and put it into the samsung galaxy ?...will that or wont that work ? ( definately), the samsung i will buy will be unlocked, any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, many thanks in advance.

dazzawm 16:34 PM 27 Aug 12

What size is the sim card in the xperia? If it is a mini sim you will need to get a sim adapter so the sim will fit in the S2 I believe.

worcesterman47 16:43 PM 27 Aug 12

hi, just had a look at the sim looks like a regular sized card..definately not a mini card :)

dazzawm 08:03 AM 28 Aug 12

There is no reason why you cant put it in the new phone as long as it is unlocked then.

worcesterman47 09:15 AM 28 Aug 12

Thank you for the advice ...i will now buy my new phone with confidence. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to watch Adobe Max 2015: See Adobe unveil new Creative Cloud features for Photoshop,…

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…