Move Apps to Micro SD Card on Samsung S3mini

Guady 11:36 02 Apr 16

I have just put a micro SD card in my Samsung S3 mini. What I can't find out how to do is - move Apps on to it. My phone is not "rooted" as far as I know (I don't even know what that means!)

It has very little memory left and I would be so grateful if someone could help. There is nothing in the Samsung online Manual.

I've looked at some YouTube things - but they seem very complicated and may be beyond my capabilities (often needed Rooted phone)

Please can anyone help me! Thank you.

muddypaws 19:32 02 Apr 16

Not sure if you can move anything from phone to sd card But go to settings/ more settings/ nearby devices change download destination to sd card. Suggest you uninstall some apps and re-install. They will then go to the SD card and free up some space on the phone.

mikef. 21:39 02 Apr 16

Go in to settings, more, application manager, open each application if it is allowed it will give you the option to move it to SD card, this is not possible for all applications

Guady 08:43 03 Apr 16

Thank you - I have tried to do it in Application Manager - but it doesn't come up with the option to Move to SD Card. In my Tablets I do have the option and have done it that way - although as you say some cannot be moved.

I will try changing the Download setting to SD card - and see if I can do it that way.

muddypaws 12:13 05 Apr 16

Guady You still wont be able to move them. You will have to uninstall some apps and re-download and install. They will then go to the sd card thus freeing some phone memory.

Guady 17:51 09 Apr 16

Thanks all - seems there is no easy way with this phone!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…