Monitor clarity leaves something to be desired.

kevm1075 17:20 15 Apr 09

A few months back, I've bought an LG W1952TQ monitor since the one I used previously was rather small. While I had many other reasons during the time to purchase the monitor (gaming, primarily) I also needed the higher resolution to do work with photography and graphic design which I just started to get back into.

For the most part, the clarity/crispness wasn't something I took immediate notice to. However, when I was recently working on something in Photoshop, I noticed a few things, especially text, that didn't seem so smooth looking. I figured that it was just a result of my sloppy work but when I sent the files over to my laptop to make some finishing touches, about everything of what I thought looked a little weird was crystal clear on my laptop.

I'm really at a loss here, since I can't seem to figure the problem out or if it's just the quality of the monitor itself. I have it connected through a single link DVI-D to DVI-D cord to my 9800 GTX and the sharpness setting 10% higher than the factory setting. I'm really unsure of what options I have available, if at all any to improve this problem.

Just in addition, the clarity isn't something I would call severe, but on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best quality image I could imagine, I'd give it a 7. After spending a couple minutes on the monitor, I just get really used to it but put it side by side to my laptop and it looks like crap.

Anyway, thanks for any assistance and sorry for the TLDR. ;D

oresome 18:52 15 Apr 09

It reads like you haven't set the screen resolution correctly to match the monitor.

canarieslover 18:53 15 Apr 09

Have you got the monitor set at the correct resolution. Check the manual for the monitor to find out what this is but I believe it should be 1440 x 900 @ 60hz. If it is set at that then there is not much else you can do except fiddle with other settings.

kevm1075 19:23 15 Apr 09

I have it set at the highest resolution at 1680x1050 at 60hz refresh rate.

canarieslover 19:38 15 Apr 09

LCD monitors perform best at their native resolution. Try setting at 1440 x 900 which I believe is the native resolution of that screen. This should show an improvement in definition. LCD's are unlike the old CRT screens where you could use quite a few different setting and still get acceptable results.

Stuartli 23:17 15 Apr 09

canarieslover has detailed the correct resolution setting for this particular monitor.

wiz-king 11:22 16 Apr 09

It would also be worthwhile checking your monitor calibration click here

canarieslover 21:05 21 Apr 09

Did any of the suggestions result in an improvement? We like to know for future reference should someone else have a similar problem.

T0SH 19:11 26 Apr 09

Try the "Clear Type tuner" power toy from Microsoft

click here

Cheers HC

ambra4 21:45 03 May 09

LG W1952TQ monitor require a screen resolution of 1440 X 900

click here

Or you can try ClearTweak

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…