Mobile Phone and wireless speaker problem

golfpro 10:20 11 Aug 06

Because of logistics (I can't run cables in the house), I have installed two wireless loud speakers with remote sender from my PC to another room in the house. They are active speakers powered from the mains via a 230v to 9v plugs as is the sender.
They have been working very well since I installed them three weeks ago, but I have had problems with my mobile phone when it is in the vicinity of the sender (near my PC), or in the same room as the speakers. Sometimes I can't connect to a number, and when I switch the phone on for the first time in the morning I get a message "SOS calls only", this clears after a few minuets.
But can this type of speaker system cause these problems??? Or is my phone up the wall.

oresome 12:09 11 Aug 06

"But can this type of speaker system cause these problems???"

Assuming the phone works OK with the sender switched off, the answer has got to be yes.

Phone receivers are designed to pick up very small signals in the order of a few millionths of a volt. The physical size of phones limits the tuned circuits that can be employed. Close proximity to a transmitter on a different frequency is likely to de-sensitise the phone receiver and give the problems you're encountering

golfpro 15:09 11 Aug 06

I had a feeling it was the Transmitter/Speakers causing the problem, as this has only occurred since the install. Its not really a problem, just means I have to make my phone calls from a different room.
Mind you good for other people to know for future reference.

ade.h 15:47 11 Aug 06

Out of interest, golfpro, could you tell me what speakers you chose? And what the sound quality is like? I'd be very interested in a similar setup.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…