Mobile phone navigation system

vixib 17:41 26 Apr 06

Hey! Can someone recomend me a good GPS navigation system for mobile phone? I've heard about TomTom.. are they good? and what about nav4all?

anchor 09:57 27 Apr 06

TomTom have a very good reputation for GPS navigation. I have both a TomTom Go 700 and a PDA version.

However, I have no personal knowledge of their mobile phone version, TomTom MOBILE 5. You would also need to check if your phone is compatible.

click here

There are other brands around, do a search in Google. Here is one to start you off:

click here

anchor 19:14 27 Apr 06

My best advice is to forget your mobile phone and go for a "TomTom One", (assuming you only want it for the UK). £236 from Amazon.

click here

wormarm 10:01 10 Jun 06

I've read about nav4all very often these days. What is it about this software that there is so much noise?

anchor 17:16 10 Jun 06

wormarm:

Have a look at this thread:

click here

Personally, I would not be bothered trying to follow a route an such a tiny screen. Voice instructions are invaluable, also a glance at the screen is very often necessary. I don`t know if Nav4all has voice guidance; no mention of it on their web site.

click here

The mapping is supposed to be regularly updated, but in my opinion the advantage of this is more than outweighed by the disadvantages, (which includes the fiddly entering of your destination on the keypad, and possibly no voice guidance). You also need to check if your mobile phone is compatible.

anchor 17:28 10 Jun 06

Another similar PCA thread

click here

wormarm 11:39 11 Jun 06

obviously there too many disadvantagies. but is the world going so bad?

if you think realisticly - i've driven with tomtom, and I agree it's quite convinient having a big screen with the lined arrow, showing the direction. but in case the guy can't afford buying the palm, the phone software is an option. then, there is not that much choise of fitting all that in the small screen (else you have a nokia which is quite pleasantly big).

Dirty Dick 11:10 12 Jun 06

I've just bought a Garmin nuvi 350 and was wondering if there were any help sites anywhere to get the best out of it

Dirty Dick 11:13 12 Jun 06

Meant to post in a new thread !!!

anchor 19:12 12 Jun 06

Try this SatNav forum; it will likely have a section for Garmin

click here

patka 10:28 13 Jun 06

wormarm, do you try to say that compromising on the screen is going all cheap? isn't it much more expensive in the long run?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced