Mobile not recognised by PC.

DANZIG 09:59 AM 31 Oct 08

For some reason my laptop has stopped 'recognising' my mobile phone when I connect it via USB.

I don't think its anything to do with my unfortunate toilet+phone combination that happened last week, as it has connected properly after that incident.

I can't find the disc that came with the phone anywhere either.....

Vista helpfully tells me that I have the latest drivers for my device, but it still won't work.

What am I doing wrong??

theDarkness 01:47 AM 22 Nov 08

reinstalling absolutely everything from scratch should put your mind at rest that the phone isnt the problem. uninstall all drivers for the device along with the mobile associated software you got with your phone. most phone companies should have the latest software and/or drivers to download from their website, so losing your disc shouldnt be a major problem. if there is nothing available try emailing them to send you the software, stating it was lost. if a reinstall of the software doesnt work, or even a system restore to a time it was definately working, and its not a connection/cable problem, then your phone is most likely jiggered! the only other thing i can think of is you may have installed new software, unrelated or not, which may have interfered with your pc being able to recognise it..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

ZAK releases more videos showing what happens if you ask other professions to work for free

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know