mobile locking with different sim cards

Toneman 13:47 PM 21 Jun 12

I am thinking of getting a sim free Samsung Tocco mobile. I have been told that this model will lock to a particular service provider when a sim card is first inserted. Is this so or could one switch to different sim cards?

Toneman 16:22 PM 24 Jun 12

No reply, just to update, I have the phone, no problem using two different sim cards.

ams4127 18:12 PM 24 Jun 12

You beat me to it! I think that if you get a mobile from say, Vodafone, they will put their coding onto it and "lock" it to their system. They may also put their own software on as a "skin" to Android, or whatever.

I've been trying for some time to unlock an old Samsung from Vodafone. I've used the reset codes OK but can't find the unlock codes.

churchpartner 03:34 AM 26 Jun 12

there's no problem with that as long as your phone is dual sim. Or try to ask on samsung customer care to make it sure.

Toneman 09:45 AM 26 Jun 12

Just to add, the two sim cards I am using are both on O2 although one is GiffGaff which uses the O2 network, would be interesting to try a sim on another service but that can wait. As to unlocking, a number of places do it for a fee, even on ebay...

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia Z5 vs Xperia Z5 Premium vs Xperia Z5 Compact: What's the difference between Sony's new ?…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Get $800 of free online Nuke and VRay rendering from Google Zync

iPhone 6S preview: What to expect from Apple's next iPhone