Mobile internet backup

scotiapb 09:32 AM 30 Apr 13

I work in an area with notoriously bad broadband service. A recent incident meant we had no services for 4 weeks. For my individual machine I plugged in my mobile broadband usb stick which gave me access but not the mail which normally went thru the company server. Is there a mobile broadband router I could plug into our windows 2011 server that will allow mail to be received when the hard line is down?

Woolwell 21:03 PM 30 Apr 13

Never used one but I suggest that what you want is a 3G router. A Google search will turn them up.

mgmcc 07:53 AM 01 May 13

If you don't want to plug in a simple USB dongle for mobile broadband, have a look at the "Three" network's MiFi Mobile broadband wireless router. EE/Orange have a similar device.

royalpeter 10:24 AM 14 May 13

Not happy with the service or product? Unhappy with the discussions with customer service department of the company. You should file a complain for bad or poor customer service @ irateislate. Its one of the best online consumer forum which uses a unique platform to get resolve your issues.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Rugby World Cup 2015 online: Watch live, catch up on-demand & stream the 2015 Rugby…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

See immersive artist and storyteller Chris Milk speak at London VR event

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…