Mobile Broadband ona Smartphone

dms_05 09:19 AM 20 Nov 08

I have an unlocked HTC TyTn smartphone. It's 3G capable, runs Wimdows Mobile 6, has a good large screen and a keyboard. I would like to use it mainly for accessing the Internet whilst away from home. I would prefer a PaYG SIM as it fits my lifestyle best.

The problem is deciding which Network and what deal will give me the most economic access. Ideally something like the '3' Broadband deal at £10/month would seem best but this appears to be only for USB dongles. Does anyone know of any similar deals with any network that give fixed cost Internet access on a PaYG Smartphone?

One problem I've identified with '3' is their systems only work properly with a smartphone locked to their service and using their smartphone firmware which enables Internet access via a smartphone.

Hi, I have a G1 phone (manufactured by HTC) which I have been using the sim from a t-mobile dongle in. paying £15 per month. this has worked almost perfectly for checking e-mails and accessing the internet on the move occasionally there is a connection error which is sorted by rebooting the phone.

dms_05 09:03 AM 14 Jan 09

Many thanks for confirming a broadband dongle will work in a smartphone. I'll give it a try.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites