Mobile Broadband and Linux

peter99co 25 Sep 08

I have been told that ' unfortunately there isn't a mobile broadband dongle currently available with Linux support '

Does anyone know if this really the case.

If Linux is installed on MINI machines. How do I find a MINI that will operate with a Mobile Broadband Dongle

54david27 26 Sep 08

Hi peter99co, I have an asus EeePC runing the original linux and use mobile broadband, The EeePC has a driver for the Hauwei e220 dongle and it is very easy to set up. But you may have to first set the dongle up on an XP/Vista PC so that you can get the log in information.
If you have an EeePC than the Forums have a lot of information about mobile broad band dongles.
This is the link for the forums click here

peter99co 26 Sep 08

Much Obliged. I have the Hauwei e220 dongle and I am thinking of getting the asus EeePC. This is positive info and I will checkout the forum now.

I use the dongle on an XP acer laptop already.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message