Mobile Broadband on a Desktop

happyhotspur 20 Aug 08

Is it possible to connect to a mobile broadband service via a desktop computer? I currently live in Spain, to connect to the Internet without a landline (where I live there is no landline connections) the local company want 100 euros to connect me and then 35 euros per month, this seems a bit step so I was wondering if these 'dongles' I have seen mentioned would be any use to me in Spain.

any advice please

Demora 20 Aug 08

I can't see any reason why these dongles wouldn't work in a desktop pc. As long as you have mobile phone connectivity. Not the cheapest way to go, But better than no internet at all.

D

peter99co 21 Aug 08

Ask the providors if Spain has good reception for their Dongle. T-Mobile 3 Vodaphone etc.

The Mobile Modem needs to be able to attached by USB and the signal to it must be as good as that required by a mobile phone.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message