mobile bluetooth in car kit

mitch2753 20:50 11 May 14

is there a android mobile smartphone of any make that has auto answer built in as a feature I am one handed have in car kit and need the above type of phone.

Gordon Freeman 21:06 11 May 14

Not sure but might be the case that majority of cars have 'answer' & 'end' call button on the steering wheel; I know mine does but not sure about others. Galaxy fone connects via Bluetooth of course.

Sorry, excuse my ignorance & not being funny, but is it actually legal to be driving on the road with such a disability as having one hand?

mitch2753 22:03 11 May 14

Thanks for your reply and it is legal my car is adapted with infrared remote auxiliary control mounted on a steering ball and as it happens my car is a galaxy power shift auto.

Gordon Freeman 10:51 14 May 14

hi mitch; this intrigued me so I looked thru my new galaxy S5.

It seems this may meet your requirements (you'd need to research further), and has a facility whereby you can set the phone to auto-answer if you're connected via Bluetooth, and also set the time in which the call will be auto-answered; 2 secs/5 secs/10 secs.

To access it, open the phone app (phone icon), settings, call settings, call accessories, automatic answering, then set the required answer time.

The facility may well be on other types of android phones, but have checked my old S3 which has something similar but it seems that a head set is required for the function, although you can set a 2/5/10 sec delay for answering, so maybe the S3 doesn't do what you want. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5