Mobile 3G dongle on Pay As You Go

Hello I am looking for guidance on buying something to provide our laptops with internet access when we visit my In-Laws. They live in rural Northern Ireland and are elderly so do not have any internet access. When my wife and I visit, about 4 times a year, we are stuck with using our phones to connect to internet and keep up with emails and everything else but we both find this frustrating. We looked at a dongle but as these are based on a monthly contract we would not have any use of it for the majority of the year. What we need is something like a dongle that we can prepay with and then use and top up as we need it, it would be easier if we could both link our laptops to it, something like a router, so we only need one. We only need it for browsing internet, we are not gamers. As you can probably tell from my post I am not very tech savvy so any help and advice will be very helpful. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Martin

alanrwood 15:01 26 Sep 15

Buy an unlocked dongle on eBay and then search the same place for a suitable sim for whatever network is strongest in the area. There are lots of sims available with a fixed data amount on it but usually within a set period from activation.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…