Missing Password

cruiser2 12:50 18 Feb 09

I have had a problem with my computer, which has meant removing and re-installing the original programmes. Some of these have been upgraded. I have re-installed Mozilla Firefox and Mozilla Thunderbird which I used as my main email account. Talktalk is my ISP and I have Windows XP Home.When I now log onto Mozilla Thunderbird, I get a message "enter your password for xxxxxx(the first part of my email address) on mail.talktalk.net" I have tried the password I use for this but I still get the error message.
I can get into this email account by logging on the webmail of Talktalk and send and receive emails. How can I do this in Mozilla Thunderbird as I did before the problem occurred?
Any help much apprecited.

Kemistri 15:25 18 Feb 09

This is a common and well known issue. It is a bug that is tripped by a failure to connect to the mail server, after which the stored password fails even though the server is back to normal. The cure is to delete the stored password and recreate it when prompted, once you are certain that the server is responding normally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…