merging personal mini-DVDs

MaggieMargaret 13:55 19 Apr 09

All i want to do is merge 6 mini-dvds i created at a wedding on my digital video camera.
Can anyone please recomment any free software to do this?
I have tried using windows movie maker but it only seems to allow 13/15 seconds per chapter on the disc and i cant get it to accept 6 disc.
also the software needs to be able to inport 6 mini-dvd disc.
oh and i want to write it to normnal size dvds after... I have plenty of CPU/RAM/HDD capacity.
please help, ta.

Kevscar1 15:30 19 Apr 09

Windows movie maker works fine with choice of output quality and format.
I've imported from my camcorder and made 1 1/2hr films. Perhaps drag contents of DVD,s to your HD first

MaggieMargaret 17:18 19 Apr 09

i have just copied all 6 mini-dvds on my HDD.
i have imported all six "sets" into windows movie maker and added all the chapters into a storyline.
all it is adding to the storyline is 13 to 19 seconds from the begginning of each chapter.

i have "produed" a dvd onto the HDD. it is 1 minute 10 seconds long. it should be approx 100 minutes long.

i can find no option for clip length.
anyone got any ideas.
Camera is Sony DVD106E, DVD are all finalized.

MaggieMargaret 17:20 19 Apr 09

i am importing from my PC's DVD player...

Kevscar1 19:18 19 Apr 09

Try downlaoding and reinstalling maybe yours is corrupt.
Running it now to make movie 4 hrs long as experiment doing ok

Kevscar1 19:31 19 Apr 09

Strange now have your problem. Used 1/2 movies already made with Movie Maker but result is only 5 mins long.
Have you got Windows DVD Maker I'm playing around with that now

Proclaimer 11:09 24 Apr 09

if it is a one of project, you will get 30 days use of it and it will load all the movies and then merge them in just one click of a mouse.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…