Making an NTSC DVD from a PAL Mini-DV Camcorder

TomLeahy 10:14 16 Jan 06

Hello,

I have a PAL MINI-DV Camcorder. I have in the past used a converting VCR to take the PAL input signal and record it as an NTSC tape that is playable in the United States.
I would like to take the PAL input Signal and make an NTSC DVD playable in the United States.
What do I need to do? Is it as simple as selecting NTSC output from my video editing software?

Regards,
Tom Leahy

DieSse 16:53 16 Jan 06

You don't really need to make an NTSC DVD - Whilst there is a small difference in format between an NTSC DVD and a PAL one - in all essentials they are the same, and will play in any country.

DVDs are basically DVDs the world over, and the conversion to play on an NTSC or a PAL (or a SECAM for that matter) TV is done at the DVD player output.

However, if you do select NTSC output inside the video editor, it shouldn't harm anything - and you will be able to play the resulting DVd on your UK DVD system without any problems too - just to check it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…