Looking for simple efficient smartphone

TabbyC 19:42 09 Nov 14

I am planning on buying a new smartphone to replace my 1.5 year old Samsung Galaxy Ace 2 (which is a nightmare!) and I was wondering if someone who knows about phones could offer me some advice on this.

I need a smartphone that I can use to browse the internet, use the GPS, and use as a phone without it being painfully slow and freezing all the time. I don't care about screen resolution, camera quality, speakers, etc and I don't want to pay more because of this stuff. Can someone recommend me a phone like this? Or maybe tell me what to look for?

Thank you in advance.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:31 10 Nov 14

without it being painfully slow and freezing all the time

This could be down to the connection to the network rather than the phone or op system (Android) howeve alot of people think its a problem with Android and the Firmware on this phone

Have a read of the thread here

TabbyC 23:14 14 Nov 14

Thank you for your reply. I have already tried doing a factory reset but it hasn't helped. I will try removing the battery and doing another reset as recommended in the thread but am not very hopeful! This phone just hates me :(

Batch 15:29 15 Nov 14

Take a look at the Motorola Moto G

Nedrah 16:09 22 Nov 14

Well there are a lot of budget smartphones right now so there's tons of selection for you. Moto G is one as mention above. Since you are using an android device it may be best to stay on android unless you are willing to try out windows phone. Aside from Moto G, Sony Xperia M and Huwawei Ascend G6. You can also read from an article here click here

chub_tor 11:49 23 Nov 14

I have an unlocked Nokia Lumia 520 (now superceded by the 530 I believe). It is a Windows 8 phone so very simple for me to use, only 1 camera which is fine for me. It does have GPS together with Nokia Here Maps and Nokia Here Drive so I can use it as a SatNav. Being Windows based it was simple to add my various email addresses and contacts to it plus all my Internet Explorer favourites. Paid £89 for it from Phones4U. I have had no trouble using it all over the UK and when in the USA I swap the Vodafone Sim for an ATT Sim. Good phone.

Jamie C 05:52 25 Nov 14

Search Amazon and you could check many budgeted smartphones. IOcean and Cubot are what I have been looking around before. Got the IOcean X7 as it is what I'm looking for. Most phones has the GPS and internet browsing nowadays so you don't have to worry about these. Just go for one you like for the first sight.

Nedrah 15:18 25 Nov 14

Also if you don't have bad blood against chinese-made phones, the Xiaomi MI4 is one hell of a smartphone. You might as well check it out! :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017