Linking PC & HiFi - Re; Cubase LE for PC

d70nk 21:38 01 Mar 07

Could somebody kindly advise about Cubase LE?
I am linking my PC to my Hi-Fi in order to play my Music collection stored on PC in best poss quality through Hi-fi (I've not stored or played music on a PC before – don’t even have an IPOD(gasps!)) - and also to download my extensive vinyl collection in the best poss quality.
I can’t store in WAV due to memory, but sound quality does matter to me.
I've been advised to buy an Analogue to Digital Convertor - a “Presonus Inspire 1394 Audio Interface” which I’ve been told will perform both the recording from my turntable, and the playback in really good quality (its 24bit / 96 khz – whatever that means!) – and bundled in it is the Cubase LE software.

Thanks to anybody that can help.

rodriguez 23:14 01 Mar 07

The way mine is set up is it's basically a Kenwood stacker system (with seperate tape deck, turntable, amp etc.) basically the Line-out cable that usually plugs into the speakers goes into the amp's AUX socket. Then you run another cable from the amp's Tape Record Out (yours might be called something slightly different) into the Line-in on the PC (NOT the Mic, this is too sensitive so the sound will be distorted, also it's only in Mono). As for recording, change the recording input to Line-in in the Volume Control in Windows, then when you record from vinyl (I assume using Cubase) make sure you save it in at least 192 Kbps MP3 format (even higher if you have the hard drive space).

click here and click here for a couple of pics of how mine's wired up.

dimercaprol 23:36 01 Mar 07

As far as I know, there is no point recording in such high quality modes if you do not have the disc space to save ".wav" files. I quite agree that you should aim for at least 24/96 and preferably 24/192 recordings - but then you do have to save as wav files.

Why don't you get an external hard drive? I just got a 250GB drive for under £70.

Cubase LE is an excellent programme, although probably more than you need. If you need to remove any pops and clicks, consider something simple like Magix audio cleaning lab.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced