lcd tv's

Harpur 01:42 30 Oct 05

where would i go to get lcd's at good prices. done the usual sites but is there anywhere else

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:40 30 Oct 05

Just bought a Medion 32" from Somerfields for £599. Quality is superb and beats a plasma by a long way. Woolies are selling 32" Crowm LCD TVs' for the same price and tghe quality looks the same. Only bought mine from Somerfields because it is nearer.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:01 30 Oct 05

I looked at a samsung 26" lcd yesterday, in Currys, and the picture quality is superb with very wide viewing angles which put my two year old Philips monitor to shame.

Stuartli 10:16 30 Oct 05

The Sony 32in LCDs (and other versions) are regarded (especially in the trade) as the finest you can buy but, unfortunately, so is the price at just into four figures.

A friend aquired one recently, complete with Home Cinema sound setup, and the display is so stunning I immediately wanted to surreptiously transfer the set into the back of my car...:-)

Harpur 11:31 30 Oct 05

the very most i want to spend is around £600

anskyber 13:24 30 Oct 05

Entirely agree re Sony. Have just bought one having used click here as a search for value. If you have seen the High Def demos at Comet or Curries I think you will be amazed at what the new Hi Def world holds, hence the need to ensure it is HD Ready and with HDMI rather than DVI for preference. Sorry that does not help Harpur but Samsung are doing well in that price region and I understand may use the same panels as Sony.

anskyber 23:05 30 Oct 05

The Sony Samsung panel link,+Samsung+complete+LCD+plant/2100-1041_3-5271407.html

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:20 30 Oct 05

I have seen the Sonys' and I cannot tell the difference between those and the Medion...I have eyes like the proverbial rat. Sony = hype.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…