LCD TV or PLASMA?

taffjones 12:16 04 Jun 06

I have to buy a new TV after my old one blew up on me and am contemplating buying either an LCD or PLASMA TV but I'm not sure which is the best one. Can anyone out there enlighten me please. I have about a grand to spend.

GANDALF <|:-)> 13:24 04 Jun 06

LCD is much better than Plasma IMHO. It seems to be sharper and the colours better defined.

G

De Marcus™ 16:50 04 Jun 06

A couple of years ago I would have said plasma, in fact I would have said 'no competition', especially in terms of screen size and value. Nowadays, LCD technology is much more invested in and as G' mentions they do seem to offer a clearer, sharper more colour rich picture.

amonra 19:11 04 Jun 06

Plasmas go wrong more often than LCDs, Either way make sure you've got a GOOD guarantee from a reliable source.

GaT7 19:47 04 Jun 06
  taffjones 14:02 05 Jun 06

Many Thanks to all who replied. LCD it is then!!

User-178362 14:06 11 Jun 06

I would like to buy a DVD/Video combo which records from both, could someone give me their advice please

AngeTheHippy 21:02 20 Jun 06

the electricity consumption is roughly double on Plasma than LCD. Don't forget either, that Plasmas give off a LOT of heat from the screen - not nice when having weather as hot as it has been!!

AngeTheHippy
xx

silverous 11:40 21 Jun 06

..it is down to size. I think it is cheaper to manufacture Plasma above a certain size and LCD below ... or something like that.

I also believe that quality matches that so if you want say up to a 40" screen then LCD is apparently better, over 40" my understanding is that LCD has limited availability at a reasonable price and plasma better quality at this size currently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…