Lcd or plasma and which one for about a grand

Neil TB Gould 11:54 24 Sep 05

Im in the market for a new tv, was looking at plasma but have been told lcd is the way to go, im after a set 37" to 42"
Any ideas, best sites to shop at etc
Thanks

GaT7 16:20 24 Sep 05

ALL TVs sorted by popularity
click here.

Using the filtering to the left, one can narrow a search depending on your needs & budget - for example:

All widescreen LCD TVs, 31-40 inches, sorted by ascending prices will look like this click here.

Sorry I cannot recommend any as I don't own one myself (probably never will!), but I hope someone else who does will post a few to choose from. Good luck with the purchase. G

Philwane 08:07 04 Oct 05

I went shopping for a new TV and like you I could not make up my mind between LCD or Plasma.

I spent a couple of hours in my local Comet (good place to see a lot of different TVs together) fell in love with a Toshiba DLP rear projection (you can get some really slim ones now), beautiful picture much better in my opinion than Plasma or LCD made a note of the model number(although comet are not the dearest of places they are not the cheapest either) then searched the net and found the same tv at Sound and Vision £500.00 cheaper ordered it and been happy ever since

crosstrainer 10:27 18 Oct 05

I have done a fair bit of research into this, and the popular vote seems to be that plasma screens wear out very quickly.. seems that LCD is the choice, probably best to go for a hdtv ready model if you can afford it!

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:23 18 Oct 05

LCD by miles...looked at the DLP but the new bulbs cost around £400 and they last for about 6k hours.

G

AngeTheHippy 08:44 31 Oct 05

What a lot of people don't realise is, and of course this doesn't matter if you're very very rich, the power consumption on a Plasma TV is approx. double that of an LCD (both same dimentions). Just my 10p's worth...

AngeTheHippy
xx

Stuartli 14:19 31 Oct 05

The general concensus in the trade - and the brand's buyers - is that Sony's LCD TV models are the best around.

I've a friend with a recent Sony 32in model - the display is stunning.

Stuartli 00:03 01 Nov 05

Have a look at this:

click here

Stuartli 00:06 01 Nov 05

If you need to ask the price etc....:-)

PC Bilbo 09:52 02 Nov 05

LCD TV's are the way to go now that larger screen technology is available.

Although not yet available in UK, make sure you go for one that has High Definition TV capability for when it becomes available in the UK in the next few years.

At recent trade Media shows I have seen larger sizes (42")LCD HDTV and the pictures were crystal clear and sharp.For the budget concious LCD is the way to go.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…