laser printer and photos

Garthyy 13:26 12 Feb 06

I'm thinking of ditching my inkjet as I only use it for the occasional photo. Can anyone tell me what laser photo paper is like, and the quality of the print compared to inkjet? Also what might be the best paper - I have an Oki printer.

Wilham 18:11 12 Feb 06

Garthy: You are in a better position than most of us to answer this. If your Oki is not very old and a single pass colour printer, why not have a go on an inside back cover from one of the many company reports and other sources of quality paper? There's an infra-red heater to melt the toner on exit from your Oki, so plastic coated surfaces are better avoided.

More than one review suggests laser/LED printers are less fussy than inkjets about paper surface.

I intended to get an Oki for photo prints, but was diverted by the '50 for £5' Boots offer. They print with a laser and I asked if I could buy a sample of the photo paper they use. The saleslady said no, but with a smile she found several off-cuts for me to try out. A boost for customer relations!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…