Kodak Digital Picture Frame

sarah1 18:21 01 Nov 07

mpeg4 video, has anybody managed to play this format of video on a Kodak frame. I have tried mpeg4, H264 codec video and at least 5 different programs to compile the video, but they fail to work. The Kodak spec clearly states it plays mpeg4 and the Technical Support have failed to give me any useful help.

jack 19:54 01 Nov 07

If the box says it does and it does not - send it back to the vendor.
The trouble with much of this type of product of course Kodak or any other well known brand do not actually make the items but simply rebadge and package a standard piece made by a far east factory.

The small print of course will always say we can change the specification at any time - a well used get out
but it does not wash.
If it says it can on the box then it should or back it goes.

JohnEG 22:28 19 Feb 08

Hello Sarah1.
I've just found your posting. You might not want to return the frame if you like it in other respects.
I struggled with this frame for some time but succeeded eventually by using MPEG 1 encoded with TMPGEnc 4.0 Xpress. This is an excellent encoder and I used settings of 720x480, aspect ratio 4:3, frame rate 29.97.

This has proved a reliable format. Kodak have failed to answer any of my queries regarding other formats and MPEG1 is the only one I can get to play play.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5