Kindle III probably a basket case!

Diemmess 19:43 PM 30 Apr 13

Daughter's Kindle III persists in telling her the battery is empty, and needs recharging.

She bought a new battery which is now fitted, but change of behaviour.

If the start slide button is held long enough, a green light shows for about 3 seconds and then (most times)the green will flash twice and go out.

This sequence will recur however many times it is tried. I have the unit on charge as I write but no LEDs of any colour come on.

Is this terminal or does anyone anyone have an answer?

Does the double green mean signify an error code and if so what

Mr Mistoffelees 14:08 PM 01 May 13

I suggest you talk to Amazon about getting it replaced.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 PM 01 May 13

Or try a factory reset first.

1. Wake your Kindle from Sleep
  2. Go to the home screen. Press 'Home'.
  3. Press the Menu button, scroll to Settings.
  4. Press the 'Menu' button again, select Reset to Factory Defaults
  Diemmess 20:35 PM 01 May 13

Thank you both. I found the same advice in You Tube, but whatever I try this Kindle is atypical. The problem starts with no light whatever when a live connection is made, in spite of trying swapping identical leads, both of which work on another Kindle.

It is going back to its home for others to play with. Anything positive and I will post.

Forum Editor 17:53 PM 02 May 13

I think this Kindle needs to be replaced. I had a similar experience with mine, and although it was just outside its warranty period Amazon agreed to replace it. The new one is (so far) working perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Adobe unveils Sketch-rival Project Comet for UX design

How to fix iOS 9 problem iPhone stuck screen, unresponsive, no swipe, frozen, can't turn off