JVC GR DVL 357 Camcorder

ulrich 18:18 24 Jun 06

My son has brought the above off ebay. We had all the connections but no handbook or cd. I have downloaded handbook, but cannot find a instal cd. I have plugged it in but it isn't recognised, I have also asked the person who it was from but no reply, I can't find one one anywhere or drivers. Does anyone know where I can download.

MichelleC 21:08 24 Jun 06

I assume you're xp, as w2k and 98 doesn't seem to have this type of prob with dv camcords. make sure you've got all updates and look thro menu for jvc to see if dv out is enabled. Also try dv editing progs to 'import' as these sometimes have better 'capture' devices than xp et al. Here's a free editor which may help click here (but vegas is my prefered choice click here )

ulrich 17:43 26 Jun 06

I will try this out. Thanks,

SpookTheBlackCat 19:37 26 Jun 06

Ulrich. Try connecting the camera to a firewire port (assuming you have one). If I remember correctly, you do not need any drivers for this. The pc sees the camera as a new drive. If you are transferring movies to your pc, you'll need a firewire card anyway. Hope this helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…