JVC Everio GZ-MG36EK camcorder editing of videos

John Ross 22:32 28 Jul 06

I would be grateful for advice.
I am realtively new to digital video.
I bought the JVC camcorder as I assumed (and was told) that because it used a HDD it was particularly suited to producing video for subsequent editing on a PC.
However, the files produced by the camcorder don't seem to be compatable with the usual media players on the PC. It is difficult even to recognise which are the video files.
I have looked at the Cyberlink software provided, but it does not seem particularly intuitive or flexible.
Any suggestions as to how to get the best out of the files produced by this camera?
Thank you!

anchor 12:16 29 Jul 06

From what I read about this model it records in MPEG-2.

To play this on your PC you will need the codec; it won`t play in Windows media player.

Have a read here:

click here

Sibbo 12:21 03 Aug 06

I think I've read that it is the file extension that is used on the Everio range that is the problem. If you change the extension to mpeg, then you will have no problems editing the footage. Remember to ensure that you keep the original footage though, until you are satisfied that all is well with your masterpiece. Hope this helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…