Just ordered myself a new toy

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:45 03 Jan 06

Having a bit of a radio fixation I thought this might keep me occupied for a while.

click here

Forum Editor 00:17 04 Jan 06

is what I call an object of desire. Not cheap, but if it works it's probably well worth the money. I'll be interested to hear what you think of it when you've had a chance to play.

And it's British-made, too.

Haol 18:06 04 Jan 06

oooo,that radio looks so sexy. I envy you.

ade.h 19:08 04 Jan 06

A surperb company, popular with audiophiles. Its Aego 2 2.1 speakers sit next to my main PC and sound gorgeous. Now discontinued I think.

SG Atlantis® 20:51 04 Jan 06

sleek

Arthur Scrimshaw 11:39 07 Jan 06

in replying - I'm afraid all is not well!

Got the radio on Wednesday, but couldn't get it to connect to my network. Eventually got it working by placing it right next to the router - moving it away more than 4 feet and the signal fell away to nothing.
Emailed AE (who to their credit replied the same day)and after a short discussion they concluded the WiFi unit must be faulty. So it's going back.

Aside from that - it is small, beautiful and has a nice feel to the controls and buttons. The screen is not the best quality, but it does the job well. Navigating around the menus is straightforward - although the enclosed manual is very basic.
Regarding the sound quality - I have only listened to low bitrate streams so far and the sound is ok, but I'll have to reserve judgment until I get a replacement that works so I can test it properly.
A nice feature is that as well as accessing live BBC streams, you also have access to the 'Listen Again' streams, which is magic!

Keep you all posted

Qdiddy 22:20 12 Jan 06

bookmarked so i can check back for your review.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced