Just factory reset and lost photos!

Stressed Mum 18:38 14 Oct 08

Windows XP SP2 Microsoft Office Pro. Dell Dimension 5150. After lots of previous advise from PCA finally gotten around to the Dell restore! I did back up photos - BUT - yes there always is one - I have lost one complete folder from My Pictures. I cannot find it anywhere. Not on memory stick, not on PC, not anywhere. Tried a couple of Digi Recoveries - one took all night and all day = 69000 found - then told me that I hadn't got enough space to open the file! So what I think I need to know is - before I go any further with searching - after a factory reinstall is there any chance of recovery??

Stressed Mum 20:16 14 Oct 08

I have discovered a few of the photos from the memory stick - but they are overwritten! I take it that's it then?

ton 21:35 14 Oct 08

A factory restore will normally restore the PC to how it was when new, so anything you put on will be overwritten.
So unless a photo recovery program can find your photos, then I'm afraid they are lost forever.

Stressed Mum 22:44 14 Oct 08

Thanks for that - it is what I had expected! Anyone know of a good recovery tool? I have used several freebies - but I think I need something a little more powerful than that help me.

jack 17:07 15 Oct 08

Bad Copy Pro
from click here

jack 17:09 15 Oct 08

take a gander at this page
click here

Stressed Mum 21:16 15 Oct 08

Thanks - I will. Away on hols for a week now - so will find extra strength for my return!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…