Just bought a new Panasonic Viera TV

catpwss 21:25 16 Nov 13

Just bought a new tv yesterday,its a Panasonic Viera Model: Panasonic TX-L39E6B. The tv is working well,The question I have is does anyone know to connect an surround system to this tv,There are the usual red & white sockets at the rear but the place who sold me the tv that those are for video in. I would like to connect my Bose wave to it for good sound,It would work on the old samsung tv. Any help here please. Many Thanks.

BRYNIT 09:22 17 Nov 13

The instruction do say the AV2 phono are input sockets so you cannot use these. Connecting audio equipment are via the Digital audio connector or via HDMI not sure how the HDMI work.

You could try a 3.5 to phono connector and connect from your head phone socket. Depending if the scart socket is a two way you could try a scart to phone connector.

You could also try contacting Panasonic CLICK HERE you never know some one may have the knowledge to help.

catpwss 09:42 17 Nov 13

Thanks both. BRYNIT.Your point about the 3.5 phono have tried that with no luck,I did forget to say that the connection on the Bose is a 3.5 socket,Also sent question to panasonic yesterday morning.

mart7 15:47 17 Nov 13

Theres a how to do it here

click here

morddwyd 18:46 17 Nov 13

If the vireo sockets are red, white and yellow, as they are on my Panasonic, then the red and white are audio as usual.

The yellow carries the video signal.

If not, then, as suggested, a Scart breakout socket is your best bet

catpwss 13:46 18 Nov 13

Thanks for the input,Reply to mart7 I dont have those options on my viera,Thanks for the help. morddwyd,I will look further still waiting for a reply from panasonic. Thanks.

mart7 15:32 19 Nov 13

I have a 2yr old Panasonic viera 42 inch led it has red and white sockets for audio out and yellow for video out as morddwyd,id be interested to know what the solution is from panasonic

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5