Itunes/ipod help!!!

BigNix 17:39 05 Sep 05

I recently bought an Ipod player and installed the Itunes software. When I load an Audio CD to transfer to the Ipod it doesnt recognise any of the track names and lists them simply as Track 1, track 2, track 3 etc.

I tried using the update button on the Itunes program but I get a message saying 'unable to connect to the server, try later'.

I am currently running XP with the Zone Alarm firewall. I have tried turning this off but to no avail. Any ideas or an explanation what the problem is would be grateful.

My internet connection is 512 broadband connection.

recap 12:22 06 Sep 05

In iTunes open the Advanced menu and select "Get CD Track Names"

BIGALLAN 19:42 03 Feb 06

I borrowed my granddads computer to put my songs (700+) onto my ipod, and I thought they would remain there until I deleted them. My granddad deleted them all from his computer, and when I came to put more songs on to the iPod it deleted them all from the iPod. Can anyone tell me how I can keep my songs on the iPod, even when he has taken them off the computer? It's a bit of a head ache having to reinstall all the CD's over and over again.
Thank's to all who can Help me

I don't know what I'm supposed to do now regarding a response but my e-mail address is [email protected]

SG Atlantis® 19:52 03 Feb 06

start your own thread and ask the FE to delete this posting, you should not have posted your email address. That's what the yellow envelope is for.

Click contact forum editor at the top

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…