itunes re-installed

matthewowl 18:56 04 Dec 07

I have had to re-install windows and other software and in doing so all my itunes files have been lost.
I do however have my ipod full of music that i want to transfer back to my pc. I am fairly sure if I "sync" the ipod it will transfer the content of my itunes library (empty) to my ipod. How do I do the opposite i.e. transfer files from my ipod to my itunes library?

Many thanks.

^wave^ 08:12 06 Dec 07

go ilounge there are tutorials there on all things ipod it will have one for you

john bunyan 13:08 06 Dec 07

As you plug in the iPod hold down shift and control. You should then be able to treat the iPod via Control panel as an external hard drive and copy the stuff on there back to a folder on the PC. Details in iLounge, as ^wave^ says.
Worth double checking that the files are indeed lost - have you searched via windows explorer? Also suggest you regularly copy your "My Music" folder to DVD as a back up.

matthewowl 20:52 15 Apr 08

Is this the sort of dvd I should use to create back-up copies of music files?

matthewowl 20:53 15 Apr 08

Oops forgot the link.
Is this the sort of dvd I should use to create back-up copies of music files?
click here

mole44 11:11 16 Apr 08

I moved all my itunes folder to an external hard drive,and ghosted that drive.result i now have no fear of loosing my music (12959 tunes and all legal).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017