iTunes - Multiple libraries?

john bunyan 20:49 25 Aug 07

My two grandchildren share a library of incomrehensible stuff ! They uncheck tunes they dont want on their separate iPods, but would prefer to have their own libraries to make it easier to sync their iPods. Now I'm thinking of getting an iPod too (now three in total on my computer) and my music will be much older fashioned! Can ,and how, do I create three libraries, with the ability to have some tracks duplicated on each library? iTunes help is a bit obscure.

powerless 21:56 25 Aug 07

Have 1 main library, all music.

Then create 3 seperate playlists, picking your music from the main library.

john bunyan 15:19 26 Aug 07

powerless. Thanks - will try it. The info on the help file was a bit obscure!

Shawn_K 08:23 21 Sep 07

Not sure if someone has shared this, but like every other audio "distinction" in iTunes, "ringtones" are no different. They are AAC files with a special name. In this case, the extension is "M4R".

1. To add a ringtone to your iPhone, using Windows Explorer or the Finder just duplicate and rename any AAC file to be "M4R", then double-click on it. This file will be added to your iTunes library automatically.
2. Now, click on your iPhone in iTunes, and go to the ringtone section. You should now see your new ringtone. If you want to be sure about the sync, feel free to click "selected ringtones" and check off the file explicitly, though this shouldn't be required.
3. Now SYNC your phone. You're Done!
This works on the PC, I'm still downloading the Mac version, but its the same principle. Sorry Ambrosia, Apple totally made your product iToner unnecessary as you gambled it might. Thanks for the week though. It was fun.
-------
Life is cool with iphoneclick here

^wave^ 08:45 21 Sep 07

a site i like is ilounge.com it has a lot of good stuff on it all for ipods. if it can be done they will have tutorial on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…