Is it possible to create menus for divx videos on dvd?

theDarkness 22:28 01 Aug 08

Since many home players nowadays are divx friendly, i am wondering if i convert my family movies to divx, whether i could also create a viewable menu which would show exactly as on a standard commercial movie, being able to select my divx files? I have searched but cant seem to find useful software

MCE2K5 22:38 01 Aug 08

DivX Pro for Windows click here

DivX Converter
DivX Converter is the official DivX video creation software application. It lets you:

Drag-and-drop nearly any video format to create a high-quality, highly compressed DivX video

"Merge and convert multiple videos into a single DivX file with an automatically generated menu"

Back up your home-made DVDs, compress a full movie to fit onto one regular CD (requires the optional ?2,74 DivX Converter MPEG-2/DVD Plug-in)
Convert up to 1080p HD

theDarkness 22:57 01 Aug 08

Ive been using autoGK and koyote free video converter to convert my files, seems like theres no way to have these files still as divx being accessable via a menu unless i encode the whole lot again? I thought menus were only possible in the Vob/bup/ifo format, but was in the hope it might be possible to create some sort of menu whilst the files remained as avi divx or xvid on disc..

MCE2K5 23:10 01 Aug 08

"Merge and convert multiple videos into a single DivX file with an automatically generated menu"

If they are in divx format, No conversion is done, It puts them together with a menu (as one file), Divx DVD Player reads the Disk, Shows the Menu, You select which Video and it plays.

theDarkness 23:18 01 Aug 08

Ok thanks! ill give it a go and see what happens :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now