Is it possible to connect to chatrooms using a usb broadband stick?

theDarkness 22:40 31 Oct 08

I can use my mobile phone as a modem on my pc, but only websites are possible to connect to as far as i am aware. Is this the same with usb broadband sticks which are currently offered by the major phone companies? I have a relative considering a purchase in a usb broadband stick who wishes to use chat and was wondering if it would work, or if it was the same issue as with mobile phones when connected through usb, restricted to web pages only? thanks for any information

DieSse 08:55 02 Nov 08

The web is the web is the web.

If you can connect to the web, you can go to any site you wish, as long as your ISP does not block them (don't know of any that do such a thing).

Using your mobile phone as a modem shouldn't be stopping you going to anywhere as far as I'm aware (though it can be expensive).

A chat room is only a website - just like any other website.

I really don't understand what problem you're having.

theDarkness 14:43 13 Nov 08

Ive tried my mobile connected to the pc in the past for the net to try and compare. sites such as chat do not work at all, not that anyone would want to use a mobile for it anyway since the O2 networks limit for net use using a mobile is a poor 200mb per month when comparing to other company deals for the same amount of cash (£7.50 last time i checked)! I may well change network myself to try and get a better deal as i use the net often, but currently have no standard connection on the pc. using my phone for the net right now (although on its own and not linked to any pc)!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…