ist Gen. Moto G upgrade.

The Kestrel 09:21 10 Mar 15

The upgrade to Lollipop is now available. I was able to upgrade my sim free phone last night without any problems.

alanrwood 11:53 10 Mar 15

I was offered it yesterday also on my two Moto Gs but decided not to bother as I am quite happy as it is. I would however be interested on peoples opinion on the Moto G.

walesrob 15:24 21 Mar 15

My 1st Gen Moto G got the upgrade last week as well - so far so good. Most noticeable improvement is the Bluetooth function seems a bit more refined - in the past, it would have taken 2 attempts to connect to a 'Trusted Device', but now its almost instant at detecting devices. The notification bar is a lot tidier as well, rather than a long list of items taking up a lot of screen space, its all grouped into cards. Overall, no problems at all, just the new layout takes a bit getting used to.

madanforever4u 14:03 26 May 15

good news

Batch 08:42 27 May 15

I upgraded my Nexus 7 to Lolliop a while ago. Was so unimpressed I've kept our Moto Gs on Kit-Kat.

In particular Lollipop fails on:

• QuickOffice is no longer supported. Instead there are 3 separate apps (Docs, Sheets and Slides), which make it very difficult (if not impossible) NOT to use the Cloud for storage. Luckily I managed to source an old version of QuickOffice that will install and run under Lollipop (and have disabled the 2 new apps).

• There is no separate stock email app. You are forced to use the terrible Gmail app (which REALLY sucks - too much to go into here) or a 3rd party mail app. The old stock email app was a very good basic email app. Unfortunately, although I can source an version of the old stock email app, it will not install / run under Lollipop.

• The Recent Apps screen is very slow and clunky in comparison with Kit-Kat (which was very slick).

In due course I shall probably revert to Kit-Kat.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5